Celebrating a long history of neurosurgical support to The University of Adelaide
The NRF Summer 2016 Newsletter
The NRF funds research teams at the University of Adelaide, the Royal Adelaide Hospital, and the Women’s and Children’s Hospital, which continue life-saving treatments and improving outcomes for conditions in adults and children. Current research includes:
- Brain Tumours: how cancer invades the brain
- Parkinson’s disease: slowing the advancement of Parkinson’s disease
- Concussion: preventing long-term damage
- Stroke: minimising brain tissue damage
- Spinal Cord Injury: restoring function
- Traumatic Brain Injury: how to stop life threatening brain swelling
- Paediatric Research: shunt infections and traumatic brain injury.
The NRF has also funded many items of research equipment and vital treatment equipment for the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Flinders Medical Centre and the Women’s & Children’s Hospital. In the attached newsletter you will read first-hand from survivors who have benefitted from this equipment.